‪https://myhebrewbookalbum.blogspot.co.il/‬ ברזילאית שכמותי: Rick Black's Comment on the English Translation of Our Book

יום שלישי, 24 באוקטובר 2017

Rick Black's Comment on the English Translation of Our Book


Rick Black is an American poet who wrote a poetry book titled "star of David". Three years ago, I published his "star of David" poem on my "Star of David Album" blog.  We met again when he asked my permission to use one of my photographs on his Yehuda Amichai artist book. Recently I translated into English the Hebrew book I wrote with Iara Czeresnia, and I asked Rick to read it. I added that "This book, in my view, demonstrates the magic of the quantum leap that happens when you evaporate prose and let it fall down as poetry. From this respect it seems unprecedented".
After a few days Rick wrote to me: "I very much enjoyed your book of poetry -- you did a marvelous job translating the original emails and condensing them into poems... Your poems/condensations reminded me of the haiku form.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה

I am such a Brazilian woman-1

Front Cover Hey, I am such a Brazilian woman Crying, laughing Hoping, fearing Hating, loving Me, you And all in a such...